Three suspects involved in cattle rustling, armed robbery, kidnapping and other forms of criminal activities within Kano and neighbouring states have been arrested by operatives of the operation ”Puff Adder”.
The state commissioner of police, Ahmed Iliyasu who confirmed the arrest of 3 rustlers who were traced from Falgore forest and arrested at Kwanar Dan Gora while trying to change route, added that 1000 rustled cattles were recovered during the operation.
Three Pump Action rifles, two AK-47 rifles, camouflage and catridges were also recovered from the suspects identified as Sa’idu Abdullahi, Lawan Mohd and Suleman Abdullahi
The statement reads in part;
Today, Thursday 12th September, 2019, the command recorded yet another achievement by its Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) team of Operation Puff-Adder in conjunction with members of Miyetti Allah where they carried out operations for seven (7) days inside the notorious Falgore Forest using community policing tools.
More than One Thousand (1000) cows were recovered and three (3) notorious cattle rustlers that specialised in Cattle Rustling, Kidnapping and Armed Robbery were arrested. All suspects confessed to their crimes and led *Puff-Adder Operatives to various locations within the forest were the cows were recovered. The suspects are:-
1. Sa’idu Abdullahi AKA Goda 23 years old of Soba LGA, Kaduna State.
2. Lawan Mohd AKA Boda 25 years old of Damau Village, Kubau LGA. Kaduna.
3. Suleman abdullahi AKA Bros, 30 years old of Damau Village Kubau LGA, Kaduna State.
The following Arms and Ammunition recovered
1. Two (2) AK47 Rifles with 110 rounds of live ammunitions
2. Three (3) Pump Action Rifles with 22 live cartridges.
3. Two (2) Military Camouflage Uniforms.
4. Four (4) Mobile Handsets.
Efforts is in progress to track down and arrest all remnants of this syndicate at large and recover any remaining animals or arms and ammunition in their possession, across the difficult terrain along the axis of Falgore Forest.